The who, what's and why's..

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to help others.  As a child, I imagined I would grow up
and know exactly how to do that.  What I learned is that it is surprisingly more difficult than I could have
imagined.  There is no room for your comfort zone if you want to make a change in the world.
At least not for me, what about you?  
Have you wanted to make a difference and don’t know where to start?  This may surprise you, but I have
found that it all begins with the right communication.  In order to make any change, any difference in the
world, you have to be able to communicate your thoughts and ideas with those around you. Once you
learn the different approaches to communication, how to implement those styles with different people
at the right times and how to spread that information to reach the largest number of people, you can do
anything.  (Even change the world).
This task was much more difficult 30 years ago.  When I was a kid, we had a landline telephone with no
call-waiting or caller ID. The news came on television at 6 and 10 or you read the newspaper to find out
what was going on.  We live in a wildly different world now. Media has taken over and we have access to
more information than we ever have before. We can watch things happening live and in the moment.  We
have the opportunity to reach the entire world from one streaming video.
  My name is Amanda and I am currently pursuing a graduate degree in Strategic Communications at
Troy University.  It is my intention to take the very things I learn in this program to assist me in finding more
cohesive ways to bring awareness and help others in their journey.  As I study different topics in this
program I will share my thoughts and professional opinions on these topics.  Each week I will share more
information and insight.  https://mindfulblogs.blogspot.com/
Are you wondering yet, why the heck I’m here and sharing all my thoughts with you?  Let me tell you, this
is outside my comfort zone, but no great things come from hanging out in your comfort zone. 
 Step outside of yours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When a phone was just a phone-

Lets Disconnect, Together....

Is my (online) reputation really that important?